Current Board Agenda
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Regular Board Meeting
TOPIC: EUHSD Regular Board Meeting, Closed Session at 5:00 p.m., Open Session at 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Escondido Union High School District Service Center, 302 North Midway Drive (Board Room), Escondido, CA 92027.
The meetings are held in a facility accessible to persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need a special accommodation to participate, please contact the Superintendent’s office at (760) 291-3201.
HOW TO WATCH ONLINE: Board meetings are streamed live on the District’s YouTube channel.
LINK TO JOIN LIVE STREAM: https://youtube.com/live/9yIXnaJDSQ4?feature=share
Written materials relating to an item on this agenda that are distributed to the Escondido Union High School District Board of Education within 72 hours before it is to consider the item at its regularly scheduled meeting will be available for public inspection at 302 N Midway Drive, Escondido, during normal business hours. Such written materials will also be made available on the district website www.euhsd.org subject to staff's ability to post the documents before the regularly scheduled meeting.
Public comment will be allowed as required by law.
**PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS - PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION**
Those wishing to provide public comment shall do so in person at the Escondido Union High School District Service Center, located at 302 North Midway Drive (Board Room), Escondido CA 92027. Written public comment requests must be made by completing the Request to Address the Board of Education form and submitting it to the Board Stenographer or designee in advance of the meeting.
The public may address the Board regarding an agenda item or another non-agendized topic that lies within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Individual comments must not exceed 3minutes in length. The Board shall limit the total time for public input on each agenda item or non-agenda topic to 20 minutes. Generally, each person may speak for up to 3 minutes. At Board discretion, in order to allow all persons to have an opportunity to participate if desired, the Board may reduce the amount of time per speaker when necessary.
The Board has allotted up to 30 minutes to receive public comments on non-agendized items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board at agenda item E.3. If total public comments exceed 30 minutes, the remaining public comments will be heard at agenda item J.1. The Board of Education is prohibited by law from taking action on matters discussed that are not on the agenda.
Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard directly following staff presentation of the item.
E-COMMENTS: The link to submit public comments electronically (e-comment) to be shared with the Board of Education will be available through 1:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting. E-comments will be shared with the Board of Education prior to the start of the meeting and will not be read aloud during the meeting.
- Call to order - Bill Durney
- Public comments regarding closed session items
- Announcement of and adjournment to closed session
- Public employee discipline(s)/dismissal(s)/release(s)/transfer(s)/appointment(s)/assignment(s)/reassignment(s)/non-renewal(s)/resignation(s) (Government Code Section 54957)
- Conference with labor negotiators (Agency negotiators, Jon Petersen, Dr. Courtney Goode)
- Conference with legal counsel - anticipated litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)): one case(Administrative Regulation 5145.3 - Nondiscrimination/Harassment; "Parental Notification Policy")
- Conference with legal counsel regarding public safety pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(a)
- PE Waivers: Case Nos. 32-34
- Graduation Waivers: Case Nos. 20-25
- Superintendent evaluation
- Reconvene regular Board meeting / Call to order - Bill Durney
- Establish a quorum / Extend welcome / Mission & Vision - Bill Durney
- Pledge of allegiance - Ryan Williams
- Inspirational student recognition by Mr. Cory Gregory, Principal of San Pasqual High School
- Report of action taken in closed session - Christi Knight
- Approval of special board meeting minutes of October 5, 2023
- Approval of regular board meeting minutes of October 17, 2023
- Approval of agenda - additions, deletions, or corrections
- Approval of consent calendar - items on agenda marked with an *asterisk
- Student and staff recognition by Jon Petersen
- Student board member report by Michelle Cortes and Kelsey Hoeffliger
- Report from California School Employees Association, Escondido Chapter #219
- Report from Escondido Secondary Teachers Association
- Comments from the public on a non-agendized topic that lies within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board
- *Ratify and approve field trips and conferences
- *Approve school safety plans
- *Approve capital outlay equipment purchases for Escondido High School & San Pasqual High School
- *Approve 2023-2024 Adult Education course list as approved by the California Department of Education (CDE)
- *Approve College and Career Access Pathways Grant award notification
- Parental notification presentation by Dr. Martin Casas
- *Approve Classified Personnel Report
- *Approve Certificated Personnel Report
- *Approve Variable Term Waivers for Certificated Personnel
- *Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Escondido Union High School District and Escondido SecondaryTeachers Association, regarding benefits for the 2024 plan year
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Escondido Union High School District and California SchoolEmployees Association, Escondido Chapter 219 regarding the establishment of a medication stipend
- Approve recommendations of the Committee on Assignments for elective subjects
- Adopt Resolution #R2023-24/14 assigning teachers to teach outside the designations on their teaching credentials
- *Approve purchase orders, contracts, payroll register, salary, and commercial warrants for the month of October 2023 (reviewed in advance by Bob Weller)
- *Approve contracted services
- *Accept donations and authorize the Clerk of the Board of Education to send letters of appreciation
- *Authorize district to dispose of surplus property
- *Approve quarterly report regarding public disclosure of district investments as of September 30, 2023
- *Award contract for BID 2023-24-4 Tier 2 Outsource Transportation Services
- *Approve December 12, 2023 as the date of the Organizational Meeting of the Escondido Union High School District Board of Education
- Proposed Board Meeting Dates for 2024
- First reading of recommended changes in Board Policy and Administrative Regulation - Business Services
- First reading, discussion and possible action on Board Bylaw 9100 - Superintendent
- First reading, discussion and possible action to delete Board Bylaw 9120 - Superintendent
- First reading of recommended changes in Board Bylaws - Superintendent
- Board Members' Reports/Comments
- Superintendent's Report
- Dates to Remember
- Remaining public comments on non-agendized items from E.3
- Excused to closed session if needed
- Meeting adjourned