Mental Health Supports
- San Diego Access and Crisis Line (888) 724-7240 Hotline, Available 24hrs/7Days
- Text TALK to 741741 Hotline, 24hrs/7Days
- 911 – Contact 911 in the event of an immediate emergency
- Say Something app/24 hr hotline 1 (844) 5- SAYNOW 1(844) 572-9669
- Project Return Peer Support Network (888) 448-9777 English, (888) 448-4055 (Spanish) , 5pm-10pm
- Disaster Distress Helpline 1 (800) 985-5990 or text “talk with us” to 66746
- Emergency Screening Unit (ESU) 4309 Third Ave. San Diego, CA. (619) 876-4502
- North County Crisis Intervention and Response Team (760)233-0133 225 W. Valley Parkway Suite 100 Escondido, CA 92025 Provides crisis intervention and help to any person between the ages of 14-25. Monday- Friday 12-8pm Saturday: 12-5pm
- 211 – Resource Hotline Assistance with linkage to food, shelter, Cal Fresh app, employment, health resources, and more.
- Tay Academy – YMCA 1050 North Broadway, Escondido, CA 92026 (760) 908-9373 case management support, bag of groceries, hygiene supplies, free snacks, access to computer. Housing and shelter for youth 18-24 on Wednesday. Hours are limited to 12-4 at this time.
- Interfaith Community Services 550 W Washington Ave, Escondido, CA 92025 (760) 489-6380 Breakfast and to-go sack lunches from 6:30-7:15am. Offer housing assistance for families, immigration lawyers available on Mondays.
- COVID-19 and Housing/Homelessness resources
- Feeding San Diego
- Text “food” to 877877 or call (858) 452-3663
- OGHS, SPHS, and EHS will be offering lunch 11am-12pm
- Mama’s Kitchen, Home Delivered Meal Program for chronically ill individuals. (619) 233-6262 Download the app
- Escondido Food Resources for Children
- Servingseniors.org is delivering to seniors call 619-487-0613 for San Diego area/ Oceanside area 760-435-5285
- The Center Church food distribution 1305 Deodar Rd. Escondido 8am-11am. 1pm-3pm
- Foundry Food Pantry 120 N. Ash St. Escondido Tues, Thurs 11am-1pm, Wed 4pm-6pm (442) 777-2081
- Salvation Army 1301 Las Villas Way Escondido Mon-Fri 7:30am-2:30pm (760) 745-8616
- Cal Fresh Apply for MediCal and Cal Fresh (866) 262-9881
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1.800.799.SAFE (7233) or 1.800.787.3224 TTY
- Center For Community Solutions Hotline: 1 (888) 385-4657
- Comcast two months free wifi: (855) 846-8376
- Spectrum also offering free wifi
- Cox 1 month free internet. (760) 599-6060
- SDGE Payment Help, Disconnection Moratorium, Flexible Payment Plans (800) 411-7343
- United Way San Diego County assists those who have lost work or income due to COVID-19 with utilities/rent/mortgage. (858) 636-4125
- Employment Development Department (800) 300-5616
- ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties (619) 232-2122
- Legal Aid at Work Undocumented Workers’ Rights (415) 864-8208 or (866) 864-8208
- North County Immigration Task Force (760) 593-7411
- San Diego County Public Health
- County News Center
- San Diego Access and Crisis Line: Provides support in crisis intervention, mental health referrals, alcohol and drug support services, and community resources. Calls are confidential, free of charge, available seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and offered in more than 150 languages. Please call 888-724-7240 or click here.
- San Diego County Office of Education: Resources for Staying Mentally and Emotionally Healthy.
- Schools: San Diego County Office of Ed
- Local Schools and Districts Announce Closures Due to COVID-19 (Mar 15)
- Known Food Service Sites Open During School Closures (Mar 13)
- San Diego Unified Closes Schools, Anticipated Closure of Other County Schools (Mar 13)
- SDCOE Offers Updated Guidance Relating to COVID-19 (Mar 10)
- CDC Issues New Travel Guidance as Spring Break Approaches (Mar 06)
- Updated Guidance as Schools Monitor Coronavirus Situation (Mar 04)
- Educating Students with Disabilities During Coronavirus Outbreak
- Conference Call with Chief State School Officers
- National Association of School Psychologists: Their Resource Center provides a variety of information, including how to help your child cope with changes due to COVID-19. Click here to visit the Resource Center.
- Search Institute: Provides a checklist for Building Developmental Relationships During the COVID-19 Crisis. Click here for the checklist.
- Edutopia: Provides an article of Pediatricians on Balancing Screen Time, Sleep, and Family During Coronavirus. To view the article, click here.
- New Zealand Institute of Wellbeing and Resilience: Provides Real-time Resilience Strategies for Coping with Coronavirus. Click here to visit the website.
- World Health Organization