Regular Meetings and Workshops
Board of Education
The following is the list of regular meetings and workshops for the Board of Education of the Escondido Union High School District. In an attempt to control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to reduce and minimize the risk of infection, Governor Newsom issued an executive order on March 12, 2020, issuing guidance “limiting attendance at public assemblies, conferences, or other mass events.” In this executive order, the Governor waived the Open Meeting Brown Act requirements that require a majority of board members to physically participate in a public board meeting at the same location. This means that board members will be allowed to participate in board meetings during this time of pandemic remotely (via teleconference). In accordance with Governor Newsom’s Executive Order issued March 17, 2020, order N-29-20, public school districts in California are no longer legally obligated to provide one public meeting space for members of the public to attend the board meeting. Board meetings, workshops, and specials start at 6:00 p.m. in open session (closed session at 5:00 p.m.). The agenda is posted online through a link on our website. You may view the agenda 72 hours prior to a Regular meeting.
For further information, contact the Superintendent’s office at (760) 291-3201.
2022 BOARD MEETINGS
(Closed Session – 5:00 PM)
July (no meeting)
December 13 Organizational Meeting
(Closed Session 5:00 PM)
Special Board Meeting
(Closed Session 5:00 PM)
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Regular Board Meeting
TOPIC: EUHSD Regular Board Meeting, Closed Session at 5:00 p.m., Open Session at 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Escondido Union High School District Service Center, 302 North Midway Drive (Board Room), Escondido, CA 92027.
The meetings are held in a facility accessible to persons with disabilities. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need a special accommodation to participate, please contact the Superintendent’s office at (760) 291-3201.
HOW TO WATCH ONLINE: Board meetings are streamed live on the District’s YouTube channel.
LINK TO JOIN LIVE STREAM: https://youtu.be/qLOGSkOFWjk
Written materials relating to an item on this agenda that are distributed to the Escondido Union High School District Board of Education within 72 hours before it is to consider the item at its regularly scheduled meeting will be available for public inspection at 302 N Midway Drive, Escondido, during normal business hours. Such written materials will also be made available on the district website [www.euhsd.org], subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the regularly scheduled meeting.
Public comment will be allowed as required by law.
**PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS – PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION**
Those wishing to provide public comment shall do so in person at the Escondido Union High School District Service Center, located at 302 North Midway Drive (Board Room), Escondido CA 92027.
The public may address the Board regarding an agenda item or another non-agendized topic that lies within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Individual comments must not exceed 3 minutes in length. The Board shall limit the total time for public input on each agenda item or non-agenda topic to 20 minutes. Generally, each person may speak for up to 3 minutes. At Board discretion, in order to allow all persons to have an opportunity to participate if desired, the Board may reduce the amount of time per speaker when necessary.
The Board has allotted up to 40 minutes to receive public comments on non-agendized items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board at agenda item E.3. If total public comments exceed 40 minutes, the remaining public comments will be heard at agenda item J.1. The Board of Education is prohibited by law from taking action on matters discussed that are not on the agenda.
Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard directly following staff presentation of the item.
E-COMMENTS: The link to submit public comments electronically (e-comment) to be shared with the Board of Education will be available through 1:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting. E-comments will be shared with the Board of Education prior to the start of the meeting and will not be read aloud during the meeting.
A. Call to Order / Closed Session – 5:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Christi Knight
- Public Comments Regarding Closed Session Items
- Announcement of and Adjournment to Closed Session
B. Closed Session
- Public employee
renewal(s)/resignation(s) (Government Code Section 54957)
- Conference with labor negotiators (Agency negotiators, Dr. Anne L. Staffieri, Dr. Courtney Goode)
- Conference with staff regarding current or pending litigation and arbitration proceedings (Government Code Section 54956.9)
- PE Waivers: Case Nos. 1-16
- Graduation Waivers: Case Nos. 3-18
C. Preliminary Activities – 6:00 p.m.
- Reconvene Regular Board meeting / Call to Order – Christi Knight
- Establish a Quorum / Extend Welcome – Christi Knight
- Pledge of Allegiance – Tina Pope
- Inspirational Student Recognition by Mrs. Kristi Kalish, Principal of Del Lago Academy
- Report of action taken in closed session – Jon Petersen
- Approval of Board meeting minutes of August 2, 2022
- Approval of agenda – additions, deletions, or corrections
- Approval of Consent Calendar – items on agenda marked with an *asterisk
D. Recognition and Presentations
- Administer Oath of Office to Student Board Members, Billy Coull and Tee Gomez Valentin, for the 2022-2023 school year
- Student and Staff Recognition by Dr. Anne L. Staffieri
- Student Board Member Report by Billy Coull and Tee Gomez Valentin
E. Public Comment
- Report from California School Employees Association, Chapter #219
- Report from Escondido Secondary Teachers Association
- Comments from the public on a non-agendized topic that lies within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board
F. Educational Services Division
- *Approve conferences
- *Approve Spring CARS Report (Consolidated Application)
- *Approve Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Federal Addendum
- *Approve Capital Outlay equipment purchases for Escondido High School, Orange Glen High School, and San Pasqual High School
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Escondido Union High School District and Palomar Family Counseling Service, Inc. (PFCS)
- Public Hearing to receive comments from the public regarding proposed Resolution #R2022-2023/02 certifying sufficiency of textbooks and materials that are aligned to the content standards and are consistent with the curriculum framework cycle adopted by the State Board of Education
- Adopt Resolution #R2022-2023/02 certifying that Escondido Union High School District has sufficient textbooks and materials that are aligned to the content standards and are consistent with the curriculum framework cycle adopted by the State Board of Education
G. Human Resources Division
- *Approve Classified Personnel Report
- *Approve Certificated Personnel Report
- Approve proposed job description and recommended salary range for a new Certificated Management position of A-G Coordinator
- Approve revised job description and recommended salary range for the classified position of Transportation and Warehouse Clerk
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Escondido Union High School District and Escondido Secondary Teachers Association regarding pay for period subbing
- Approve recommendations of the Committee on Assignments for elective subjects
H. Business Services Division
- *Approve purchase orders, contracts, payroll register, salary, and commercial warrants for the months of July and August 2022 (reviewed in advance by Dane White)
- *Approve contracted services
- *Accept donations and authorize the Secretary of the Board of Education to send letters of appreciation
- *Authorize district to dispose of surplus property
- *Approve quarterly report regarding public disclosure of district investments as of June 30, 2022
- *Authorize parent organizations and booster groups to fundraise
- Approve SACS 2022 unaudited actual results for fiscal year 2021-2022
- Adopt Resolution #R2022-2023/03 approving the annual Gann Appropriations Limit
I. District Operations
- Adopt Resolution #R2022-2023/04 for Board Member compensation for nonattendance at Board Meeting
- First Reading of recommended changes in Administrative Regulations – Human Resources
- First Reading of recommended changes in Administrative Regulations – Business Services
- Board Members’ Reports/Comments
- Superintendent’s Report
- Dates to Remember
J. Remaining public comments on non-agendized items from E.3
- Remaining public comments on non-agendized items from E.3
K. Continued to Closed Session (if needed)
- Excused to closed session if needed
- Meeting adjourned