Sandy Hook Promise, Say Something button
EUHSD Public Surplus Auctions
Peachjar Flyers Button
Speak Up

Business Services Contractor Information

Escondido Union High School District is a CUPCCAA District. All contractors must be registered with the District prior to performing any public works projects.

A Public Works Project is defined under Labor Code as:

  • Construction, alteration, demolition, installation, maintenance, or repair work,
  • Done under contract, and
  • Paid for in whole or in part out of public funds

A contractor license is required by the Contractor's State License Board (CSLB), if any contractor is performing work of $500 or more (combined labor and material costs) in California.

Detailed information pertaining to requirements needed to perform public works for the District. Please use the following links: To perform public works projects for EUHSD, you must comply with the regulations set forth by the CA Department of Industrial Relations (DIR). These include:

You must also have an active and valid Contractor's License.

Small Project Exemption

Contractors who work exclusively on small public works projects are not required to register as a public works contractor or file electronic certified payroll reports for those projects. Contractors are still required to maintain certified payroll records on a continuous basis and provide them to the Labor Commissioner’s Office upon request. Additionally, awarding agencies are not required to submit the notice of contract award through DIR’s PWC-100 system on projects that fall within the small project exemption. The small project exemption applies for all public works projects that do not exceed:

  • $25,000 for new construction, alteration, installation, demolition or repair
  • $15,000 for maintenance

For more helpful information please visit these sites: