Technology for Students
Access to technology is vitally important for success in the digital age. Keyboarding, Internet safety/ethical use, researching, using productivity tools (Microsoft Office), and collaborating online are essential skills in the 21st century. Each year, more and more teachers assign work that is very challenging to complete without access to technology,. This is especially true when students don’t have access to a working, Internet-connected computing device.
The EUHSD provides the following technology to students:
- A Windows 10 laptop, Chromebook, or iPad for EVERY student for use in their English, social science and science class.
- A graphing calculator checked out to EVERY student in math (DLA uses class sets)
- An Office365 account, which includes a school email account and FREE access to Microsoft Office 2016 online and desktop versions
- Free access to Wi-Fi while at school (with parent permission) on student-owned devices
- Independent study/credit recovery/credit acceleration via online courses
The EUHSD has begun to implement “Blended Learning” in some classrooms. Blended learning is where part of instruction and learning takes place in a traditional classroom setting and some occurs online with some element of student control over time, place, path and/or pace. This allows for 24/7 access and more individualized approach to learning. Here are a few of the digital tools we use for blended learning.