Technology for Students
Today’s digital learner must be prepared to thrive in a constantly evolving technological world that empowers student voice and ensures that learning is a student-driven process.
The EUHSD provides the following technology to students:
- A Windows 10 laptop, Chromebook, or iPad for EVERY student for use in their English, social science and science class.
- A graphing calculator checked out to EVERY student in math (DLA uses class sets)
- An Office365 account, which includes a school email account and FREE access to Microsoft Office 2016 online and desktop versions
- Free access to Wi-Fi while at school (with parent permission) on student-owned devices
- Independent study/credit recovery/credit acceleration via online courses
The EUHSD has begun to implement “Blended Learning” in some classrooms. Blended learning is where part of instruction and learning takes place in a traditional classroom setting and some occurs online with some element of student control over time, place, path and/or pace. This allows for 24/7 access and more individualized approach to learning. Here are a few of the digital tools we use for blended learning.