VEBA is our Health Benefits Administrator
VEBA’s directive is to make health care better for everyone. Since 1993, the California Schools VEBA has been providing health care benefits for education employees. VEBA was created as a voluntary joint labor-management benefits organization and was established through the combined efforts of school superintendents and representatives of both the California Teachers Association (CTA) and the California School Employees Association (CSEA).
Through VEBA, school districts and employee organizations and associations work together to resolve employee benefit issues and seek to provide quality health and welfare benefits at the lowest possible cost. VEBA provides:
- Improved Quality: Through innovative health plans and partnerships, VEBA can continue to help reduce district premiums without compromising benefits.
- Superior Service: VEBA provides free services including customer service, member advocacy and communications.
- Stable Rates: The large risk pool helps create a more stable environment for contract negotiations by providing numerous health plan options that balance cost and quality.
- Buying Power: VEBA leverages negotiating power with carriers, providers and vendors to help districts get better rates and better benefits.
- Influence to Improve Health Care: VEBA works with its partners to develop programs to improve quality of care which, in turn, improves employee health and drives down district costs.
Voluntary Employees Benefit Association
Visit VEBA Online