- EUHSD has three types of coaches: Co-Curricular, Short-Term, and Volunteer. All types of coaches will need to go through the below steps.
- Interested coaching candidates should contact individual Athletic Directors if interested in coaching a sport.
- IMPORTANT: Per California Ed Code 45134 and 88033, if you are a CalSTRS retiree, you are not able to be hired as a paid Athletic Coach.
- Note that some head coaching positions are also advertised on EdJoin.
- Once recommended for hire by Athletic Director and school site, Human Resources will contact you for an appointment.
- In preparation for your appointment, please have ready:
- Form I-9 documentation (2 forms), such as Driver’s License and Social Security Card. For acceptable Form I-9 documents, click here.
- CPR/First Aid cards
- Recent TB clearance, if you have one.
- At your appointment, you will be scheduled for:
- Pre-employment screenings, online trainings, and coaching certifications
|Pre-employment screenings||Online trainings||Coaching Certifications|
|Physical||Mandated Reporter||Fundamentals of Coaching|
|Drug Screen||Preventing Sexual Misconduct||Sudden Cardiac Arrest Syndrome|
|TB Clearance||Blood Borne Pathogens||Concussions|
|Fingerprints||Safety Essentials and Hazardous Communications||Heat Illness Prevention|
- Coaching pay rates are dependent on type of sport, level of coach, i.e., Frosh, JV, or Varsity.
- Note that athletic coaches are not allowed on the field or to work with student athletes until fully cleared by Human Resources.
For coaching inquiries, please contact:
Wendy Rodriguez, Personnel Tech I