The mission of Escondido Union High School District Career Technical Education is to provide industry-linked programs connecting all students to post-secondary education and careers while integrating technical, academic and life skills to be competitive in the local and global economies.
Career Technical Education will engage each student in quality, rigorous and relevant educational pathways and programs, developed in partnership with business and industry, promoting creativity and innovation and allowing students to discover their passions and turn dreams into careers.
The College, Career and Technical Education (CCTE) model curriculum standards established for California are organized into 15 Industry Sectors, 12 of which are currently available through EUHSD. These sectors include interrelated occupations and broad industries, with each sector having two or more career pathways. A career pathway is a coherent sequence of rigorous academic and technical courses that allows students to explore, prepare and train in a field of their interest.
- Learn more from a Dec. 2011 presentation to the EUHSD Board of Education (Large PDF, long download)...
The state of California has identified 15 industry sectors essential to our economy. Each industry sector includes interrelated occupations and has two or more career pathways within them. Career pathways consist of a multi-level series of course so that students can thoroughly explore a pathway and apply core curriculum to real world projects. The following is a list of the 12 industry sectors in which EUHSD offers programs.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Arts, Media and Entertainment
- Building Trades and Construction
- Education, Child Development and Family Science
- Engineering and Design
- Fashion and Interior Design
- Health Science and Medical Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing and Product Development
- Marketing, Sales and Service